Recent Consulting Engagements
Web Analytics Applications Consultant
City of Hamilton
Organized, facilitated and administered the development of web analytics tools for various portlets and channels on the myhamilton portal:
- Constructed an e-metrics toolkit for the portal site and directed the deployment of application programming interfaces (APIs) to capture user data from a variety of sources including raw web server logs, web analytics software, workstation cookies, and server-side controls.
- Systematized an analytics dashboard to observe current issues and flag improvement opportunities at a glance.
- Devised and assisted in the implementation of web properties based key performance indicators (KPIs) mapped to business objectives originally set out by the project team.
GE Canada Corporate
Managed HR business workflow reengineering by digitization of corporate backend operations:
- Developed a dynamic baseline model for the implementation of various e-HR initiatives.
- Consolidated existing work-streams for deployment of new business process management systems.
- Developed the “JoinGE” Employee Self-Service Portal for New Hires in Canada by scoping against the U.S. JoinGE initiative.
- Acquired feedback on existing application usability through quarterly meetings, planned and implemented application improvements through various user-centered design protocols.
- Maintained regular remote application support provisions for HR Administrators through the online HR Quickplace and Lotus Sametime tutorials, walkthroughs and seminars.
- Evaluated and recommended system extensions and add-ons for functional enhancements and adjunction of new process modules.
e-Business Architect & Program Manager
WinNET Systems Inc.
Lead e-Business contracts and consulting engagements with Small and Medium size business (SMB) clients:
- Evaluated client business requirements and advised on appropriate Internet Solutions.
- Managed, delegated and supervised deployment of back-end intranet systems and front-end site-design contracts.
- Coordinated corporate training projects for System Analysts and Information Architects.
- Developed, revised evaluated and delivered training programs for new technology courses.
Internet & e-Business Certifications:
- IBM Certified e-Business Solution Technologist
- Novell Certified Internet Business Strategist
- CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Associate
System & Network Administration Certifications:
- MCP - Windows NT 4.0 & Windows XP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
- SCNA – Solaris 9 (Sun Certified Network Administrator)
- SCSA – Solaris 8 (Sun Certified System Administrator)
- LPIC (Linux Professional Institute Certified)
- LCP (SAIR Linux GNU Certified Professional)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Software Development Certifications:
- SCJP (Sun Certified Java Programmer for Platform 2.0)
- CIW CI (Certified Internet Webmaster Certified Instructor)
- MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer)
Dr. Umar Ruhi,
Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa,
Demarais 5145, 55 Laurier Ave. East,
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5, Canada
+1 (613) 562-5800 X. 1990
© Umar Ruhi. All Rights Reserved